Blogue de Lyne Robichaud

23 janvier 2012

A transcultural vision of open governement

My vision of open government is an hybrid partnership ― a transnational integration bridging separate culture and national identities. I believe it would provide an unparalleled instructive and explorative opportunity to develop open government throughout the world.

I do not exactly know yet how to go about breaking cultural regulation (acculturation). I spend my time wondering about how the Anglosphere and Francosphere could become like communicating vessels. It could be achieved if the Francosphere were seen as being "strong", if there was equality between the two spheres.

For the past five years, I did my best to become a living bridge between Anglophones and Francophones. I even edit my blog ― L’Ère du temps ― in 2 languages, which is not even the case of several government institutions. Osmosis attracts me. It is defined as the movement of solvent molecules through a selectively permeable membrane into a region of higher solute concentration, aiming to equalize the solute concentrations on the two sides. I would like to apply this biological system to the open government sphere. I would like to see open government information travel from English to French (and other languages), and vice versa.

De-facto acculturation of members of my community, through assimilation to a (supposedly) world culture, and negation of cultural identity, I am tired to have to abide to it. For years, I had to actively negotiate the boundaries of cultural separation, assimilation and exclusion, on a daily basis. Therefore, I long for solutions of fusion, inclusion and so on.

I believe that the transnational hyperspace should be an expression of different and evolving cultures and languages. I see that if social media allows for new notions of connectivity, communication and interaction, social media therefore produces and diffuses new cultures. I would like to extend this to open government. Therefore, I came up with the Open Government and Francophonie project: a majority of Francophone States (39) and nearly 1000 of their cities ― a critical mass of governments ― were to get involved in a multilateral partnership.

I often talk about transcendance and consciousness. I aim at ultimately creating a transcultural metamorphosis, transcending different worlds and realities.

Read more about my vision of open government, my mission reports at Edgeryders http://edgeryders.ppa.coe.int/share-your-ryde/mission_case/longing-open-government
and http://edgeryders.ppa.coe.int/spotlight-open-government/mission_case/towards-open-government-quebec-and-francophonie

1 commentaire:

Jean-Daniel a dit...

Lyne - Votre vision de Open Government inspire. Et j’ai apprécié le lien à http://edgeryders.eu – ils font des choses très intéressantes. J'aimerais vous proposer le processus de www.e-Deliberation.com comme outil de participation collaborative pour lorsque vous avez des groupes de 15 à 80 personnes qui s’intéressent à régler des questions relativement complexes (ne le sont-elles pas tous?!?).

 
TwitterCounter for @Lyne_Robichaud